Yes, you heard me right. You can love your body and eat sausage & egg muffins! Just not the golden arch variety that you're probably accustomed too. What makes these muffins so good besides their deliciousness is they are super easy to make in advance & take with you as your breakfast on the go, hot or cold. So don't even try to tell me you don't have time, spend 10 minutes less staring into the back of the fridge wondering what to make & whip up these muffins!
I never used to be a breakfast person. In fact, I would go pretty much the whole morning before entertaining the idea of eating anything. Partly because I am not one of those people who wakes up starving and partly because I thought it would be a good way to skip on some unnecessary calories. My reason being that whenever I ate breakfast, about an hour later I would find myself ravenous again. Well, that's what happens when you eat a giant bowl of sugar for breakfast - yes I'm talking about cereal & not the whole grain no added sugar kind.
So how to avoid the adverse effects of a sugar crash or low blood sugar & a lazy metabolism? Well start your day off right, don't skip breakfast and make sure you incorporate some protein & healthy fats. These really help to keep you satisfied and give you sustained energy throughout the morning. These muffins are perfect for getting you off on the right foot & so easy to make
(serves roughly 9-10 depending on depth/size of muffin tin)
- 9 large eggs
- 8-9 ounces ground sausage meat or 3 links Applegate sausages cooked
- 2 cups steamed kale
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease or lightly spray a muffin tin/silicone tray & set to one side.
- Whisk together the eggs in a mixing bowl and the salt & pepper.
- Ladle the mixture into the muffin tins filling to just about 1/4 way, then add your cooked ground sausage or sausage links & kale to each muffin.
- Finish by pouring the egg mixture in each muffin compartment leaving a little space at the top of each one.
Mine turned out so great and are a super handy go to for breakfast. I'd love to hear from you if you tried these out. Enjoy!